Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Parent responses to emails send out through BLEND announcement says "discussion topic is locked..... log into account". How do I unlock for responses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems like when my students try to submit two things (a paper and a video or an outline and another word doc) Canvas only accepts the last submission. Am I setting it up incorrectly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas logged me out and wont let me back in.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 5 groups in my class, and each needs to turn in one project together.  How can I give each separate group a place to turn in their project and then grade it once for all members of the group to receive credit?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes the links are clickable, and sometimes they are not. I'm looking at one entire class's papers today, and none of the links are clickable, so I think it's a Speedgrader issue, not each student's document formatting issue. I graded another Sp...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just about lost it this morning after appearing to discover that not a single student has been watching my lecture videos on Canvas. I clicked "People" on the left side. Then clicked names, and went to the Access Report. One after the next, there w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Community--I need to download the "Communications" content (i.e. Inbox messages) between two users in a course - see Capture.JPG att'd. Does anyone know of a way to perform this from an "Admin" role on the front end? What about from the backend th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I usually have a on-site hands-on anatomy lab practical where students have to identify 2-3 anatomical structures at each station before moving on solving a total of 50 structures in the end. With the COVID-19 crisis, I need to do it online and thoug...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who has and issues viewing Announcements in Canvas. The announcements are locked when he clicks on the Announcements course link on the left. He says this is happening in both the web version and the Canvas Student App. He is the onl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I enter grades as Complete or Incomplete?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I am trying to send an announcement but when I save, the announcement will not post, when I go to a different page, the announcement is lost. Can anyone help? Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I am editing an exam and it includes both multiple choice and essay options. I am wondering if there is a way to1) randomize the multiple choice items separately from the essay options so that the essays are last and2) allow students to choose only t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In our district we have many course that are transcribed credit and thus use the LMS that the technical colleges use which is Blackboard. We all like the feature of being able to import content and test question banks into Canvas because much of the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I add a rubric to an assignment? There is no "add rubric" button under the due date.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

i can not save announcement/what to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A professor is having some trouble getting his BigBlueButton set up. His canvas course is supposed to start in Spring and the students are all listed as users in the Grades and Users tabs but when he tries to start the BigBlueButton conference there ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recently copied my created assignments to another Canvas course that I keep as a master and also deleted them from the original course and now I cannot find them anywhere. I tried the /undelete but they were not there. Is there anything else I coul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I exported Quiz grades to EXCEL, now all graded quizes do not appear under Grades in Canvas. How can I retreive? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I feel foolish even posting this dumb question, so forgive me if I'm asking something obvious.  I used Canvas as an undergrad and grad student, so I'm comfortable with how it works.  When I had to abruptly switch to remote teaching a few weeks ago, t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the following screenshot below (taken from the article How do I set details for an account? > View Who Can Create New Courses), if one user is enrolled as a teacher in one course and a student in another, which setting takes priority? Will it be a...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

because I need to send them to the college I am attending by may 1st

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey! I teach high school special education therefore I am listed as teaching 28 different classes. How am I ablate make an 1 announcement and share it with all of my classes instead of having to make the same announcement 28 different times. Thanks f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher that has us "like" an announcement. We don't get credit unless we do. We cannot reply in this assignment though.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I haven't submitted my peer review, but it has a check mark by their name, indicating that I have submitted them.When I click on the rubric, I am not able to edit their points.It says their total points are zero.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I noticed if the local user; the user won't be able to use the SSO to login to Canvas,  was created through the SIS import, there is not an option for them to change their password. The checkbox for "change password" is not on the GUI. Could anyone e...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Power point presentation that has a 10 minute video in it. Will I be able to show this video to my students through the conference portion of Canvas? I really like using the conference section of canvas and my students are used to it now. I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a quiz for my students and it is not showing up in my grade book. I have the right dates and assignments selected as well. What can I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,How do I do a batch upload of graded quizzes to each student in my section?My graded quizzes are PDF files. I have recorded the number of points in the gradebook, but I want to send the files containing grading comments to each student in the s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a course with multiple teachers, is it possible to assign faculty to grade some assignments, but not all?Thanks! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone experienced this Zoom Error Code 200 when attempting to access Zoom through Canvas? We have installed the ProLTI and it only seems to happen when in Canvas. Going to Zoom directly is fine. If you have encountered this can you tell me what ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies