Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a wise way to have students submit responses to Canvas assignments in the form of a PDF file?In a different (not Canvas) LMS, I saw an example of Dropbox integration where student assignments came in, were automatically timestamped, saved to...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I put a section into a module?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I wanted to make a quiz using "new quizzes."  When I went to type a fraction in new quizzes, I didn't see an option in Math quill.  Can someone let me know how to make a fraction in math quill?

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I would like to create an assignment where I include a fill in the blank  goggle doc and a goggle slide where the students will view the goggle slide show and then fill in the blanks on the goggle doc and submit. How do I do this?#cornbread

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I upload a MC Exam from a word document or do I have to input each question individually? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get a power point to open automatically once I put it in a class so the student doesn't have to download it and look at it that way?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have already a very large number of pages in my course.  Is there a way to organise these in a folder or directory or an I stuck with a really big index page.  TIA

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to turn off assignments for students only?  I use modules but some students go immediately to assignments and there are things there that I don't want students to use.  If they couldn't see assignments that would solve my problem, but ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I make a missing assignment affect a student's overall score?  If I plug in a zero, and a student then attempts the assignment, will the zero override the student's attempt?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I see a discussion post or a reply to an announcement in my to do list?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas track and display when a student opens a quiz or only when they submit?  Long story short, a student could take a screenshot of a question on a quiz, "lose internet connection", and then go back hours later to answer it bypassing the time...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is there NO REPORT AVAILABLE after my New Quiz was complete? I NEED this analysis of student and question performance

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I let my students see an announcement? The crossed out eye won't go away.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,I'm a Canvas admin for a school and we recently have started heavily using Canvas for our now online classes. Professors want for students to be notified of announcements and changes to their grades via email as soon as possible and we woul...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to access my dashboard page on the specialized education program thru the PGA and the boxes just fade from light grey to a darker grey. They are acting like they are loading but never do. I am using firefox as suggested but google chrome ...

• 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

It seems we cannot set new quizzes question points below 1. Is this correct?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I've tried this in two different blueprints and multiple browsers, but nothing I do seems to trigger the blueprint functionality to prompt a sync. I've asked support and they've not yet been able to help.Is there some trick to it?I'm the primary acco...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a very specific question about how break out rooms function. To me, it is not clear from a student perspective what I can do when I am in a breakout room. I know that I can go back to the main room. and back to the breakout room I originally w...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone, NEW ADMIN HERE!I understand courses can be exported into .imscc files. Can these files be loaded on to a terabyte hard drive? what are our options for storing exported courses? Also, my computer had a hard time reading the file. Is there...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a student that cheated and is being academically disciplined.   In order to process the grade, we need the student account to remain enrolled in the Canvas course.    But we do not want the student to access the course while on probation.   I...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do students need a code to access or join their classes on CANVAS?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is no "Add A Class" button on my dashboard page.How do fix that?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have already uploaded a PowerPoint into one of my modules.  I have modifed the file offline and would like to replace the file in canvas with the new file.  Should I just go to the "files" section and upload the file again or will this break the li...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have uploaded a file. i want to create a new announcement and include a Link for that file

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student answers are running off the page.  I cannot scroll to see all that they have posted.  How do I fix this for assignments?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you open the "replies" to your announcements?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I cull out a student's posts in Discussions? Essentially, I just want to find a way to queue up all of a student's Discussion posts to give them feedback - not simply within one week's one question threads (the only way I've been able to do i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I edit the theme of a sub-account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies