Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,We have students located in Russia. For several days, they have been reporting problems logging into BigBlueButton conferences. Do you know of any issues from accessing Canvas Conferences from Russia?Evelina TerzievaAUBG

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a guide and need to make some screendumps and copy them into a page in Canvas. However, its seems I have to add each screendump as  a picture in the course, but that takes ages to do. Does anyone know an easy way to add a screendump ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I set up Canvas to automatically score all missing assignments as a 0 after the due date has passed. Then I went in to set the default score for the students who had submitted their work. I did NOT check the box that says "overwrite existing scores."...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i cant see any courses on my dashboard but if i go on courses i can see my courses but when i click 1 of courses theres nothing come out

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been trying to debug a problem with our Canvas instance for a while now. No matter what I try, neither course invitations or password reset emails will send out. This would point me towards something to do with outbound email config itself being...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how can I upload a question bank?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I delete a background image that my teacher has set for the course? There is no settings tab for individual courses in order for me to change it.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

where is the tab to send an email to students?duh.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I fix my grade book?I have on line quizzes- the grade automatically go into the grade book.  I have 14 quizzes that equal 45% of their grade, class activity equals 15% of grade and the Final exam equals 40% of the grade. I can't figure out how...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Canvas Conferences, I want to show a video clip from my desktop (rather than linking to YouTube) during a recorded lecture, but when I play the recording back, the video shows but there is no audio.  Is there a way to get the audio to play as well...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i get into my class

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an issue with roll call. When I try to send the link to someone via email they get an error stating that the link has expired.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to set the default time for all users in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students are trying to open a document, but are getting "This file is currently locked' advice.  I can open the document in Teacher view, but not in Student View.  Help please?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello. I am having difficulty connecting to the live-streamed class. I click onto TechCommSSO but the page is blank every time with no option to join. Can someone please assist me? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I am having difficulty connecting to the live-streamed class. I click onto TechCommSSO but the page is blank every time with no option to join. Can someone please assist me? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,My instructor said he added me as an observer to the class by using my NetID, but I can't see the course icon on dashboard. Can you help me with that?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am still having quiz questions disappear after I type them. Now it happens before I even finish the question. Before it happened when I was typing the answers. This is getting old rapidly-anybody else having this experience? thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The Canvas Conference is showing in Conclude Conferences but there is no link to view it and I did not receive an email that it was ready. It has been almost 24 hours and recordings done later have worked as expected.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to upload files in assignment . In new format ,I cannot see the related items

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where is the tool bar within the module our lesson for ELA does not show a tool bar

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiWe have set up a course with five different groups. Two groups have the same unit/assignment. After completing the assignment by the student's trainer get the list of all the students instead of specific to the group.How can we allocate a trainer t...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I thought having Canvas check for plagiarism would also check the assignment against other students in the same class, but that's not happening.Any ideas?Thank you!DM

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How many students can I add to a breakout room at any one time?Thank you!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I wanted to know if it is possible to install a LTI or 3rd party integration at a sub-account level or for a course alone?ThanksDipti

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a course that I unenrolled from?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was taking a test on and the computer kept freezing witch would halt the countdown timer and then rapidly speed it back up. On the log would that show me as stopping viewing the test and then resuming?  Thank you.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach at one university, my colleague teaches at another; both schools use Canvas. Is it possible for us to collaborate on one class together with both having access? I know I can add an assistant from my own school, but can we cross schools? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I feel likes it’s a con because the water is dry and it’ll have a big effect on the flow. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a low level adult ESL student in an ESL writing class.  She is using Safari, and she cannot view annotated comments on her writing.  When she clicks on "view feedback," she gets a blank page to download.  From what I read, maybe it has somethi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies