Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have one assignment in a module that is locked for all students.  It shows it's published.  How do I unlock it?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is saying that I clicked on the test but didn't answer any of the questions. I haven't even clicked the test to do it and I am confused as to why it is saying that I did it and didn't answer the questions. Please help me!!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We working on Integration with Canvas LTI 1.3, I have created a developer key and the tool setup is done. I am getting this error ""jwt","type":"JWT verification failure","message":"JWT verification failure" while sending DeeplinkresponseEncoded jwt ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz and then published it. One of my colleagues was added to my class as a student so she could see if she could take the quiz. (Taking the quiz on the ipad would only require: downloading the .pdf, working on it in notability, uploading...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a problem... One of my students is saying that he has no information in my course when he goes into canvas, where as other students have no problem. What advice should I give him?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you UN-highlight an accidental highlight of a section when you are marking a PDF assignment.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I put my students emails in without doing it one at a time?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to send a general email message to all my students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a bit our of left field...but here we go.I have a student who has returned to Thailand and is currently in Bangkok. She is reporting she is unable to access Canvas, and therefore cannot continue her studies.Does anyone happen to know if Canva...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, exporting canvas courses to other instances is very intuitive but my recent course export(.imscc) exceeds 5GB requirement. It' 7.5 GB !! It seems like I am unable to import. What would be the best way to achieve this. Thank you so much !...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students attempting to attach a picture to a discussion, and they are getting an error.The error states that they are unable to upload as their storage quota is full.I thought it may be the course disk space so I have increased that but to no ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I want my students to answer a writing prompt within Canvas,  what would the best option be? Create an assignment?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I print student responses after they have completed a quiz

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having an issue where students are downloading other students work directing from the canvas submission and then turning it in as their own. Is there a way to restrict a student from downloading a submission once it has submitted or even restric...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does the activity log work for a quiz and how should I interpret it?The log will say "Stopped viewing the Canvas quiz-taking page..." and then when they resume. I told my students I could monitor their activity during an exam, so they should not ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I want to attach a pdf to a quiz, without my students getting notified that I have uploaded a file. The problem is that when I go to the files in the content manager on the right, it only allows me to choose files I have uploaded to the course. E...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I enable my students to view my modules?  Right now they are inaccessible from the student view.  Thank you.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My professor posted a power point as a link when I clicked it the power point downloaded. Then when i clicked the newly downloaded power point it would not open. Please help I need to veiw it to complete assignments.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once a ZOOM cloud recording has been 'Published' in Canvas, do students have the ability to download the recording?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I include observers in a "quiz" (that is really a survey)?  Currently, Canvas is only allowing registered students to take the survey.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I recover the password that I forgot to get into canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are testing RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER FOR CANVAS and the instructions state:For Canvas Cloud customers, simply request that Instructure enable LockDown Browser plugin for your institution. After enabling the plugin, institution administrators wil...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello:I would like to change my profile photo in CANVAS and when I go into settings to change it, it allows me to select a photo, yet it does not save it.  Do you have any suggestions as to what a fix would be?Thank you.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What right does the User role relief teacher have?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Have created a graded quiz - yes I checked that box  and have points of multiple choice and essay questions totaling 60 points.I have published the quiz. However, the grade book says out of 0 points.It shows as sixty points in the edit screen, ...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

This is a three part question.1. Can I start an assignment (online submission assignment) for the purposes of participation over the month and be able to add to the assignment (additional questions, etc)?2. Can a student save their progress of an ass...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On a canvas page for one of my classes, over half of the side pages are inaccessible. I do not believe this is an issue for other students. It just has a grayed out box that says "canvas.umn.edu refused to connect". All permissions for the site are a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I wanted to know how to add captions to my videos that I have already uploaded into a module and how do I access assistive tools?Thank you

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I see which student uploaded the file for the group assignment?I have a couple of groups where students did not communicate and there are three files uploaded. I cannot find a way to see who uploaded the files for the assignment.Thanks!!

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Have created an assignment using and external URL.  Student open and edit the office365 document in the browser and submit their response.  Some students are able to do this successfully, other are not able to access the document.  Students have had ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies