Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Or do they learn of such a message only when visiting the Announcements page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the teacher, how do I view my assignments that I posted for my students after one completed? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the following Guide:What are Collaborations?The following is mentioned as an example of when you might use collaborations: - Assign student groups a collaborative assignment as a graded assignment (instructor feature).I have a teacher who created ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Please remind me of the difference between these two features.  Thanks!

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone,Now that we are all diving deep into the online waters, I wanted to find out more about best practices when it comes to setting up online exams.  I teach and coordinate a statistical literacy course at Ohio State, and most students take t...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I've created a quiz with an "exact answer" of 346,000,000 with a margin of error of 0.05.  Nevertheless, Canvas only marks it correct if the exact number is input (I tried 350,000,000 and that was marked incorrect, even though it's within a 5% margin...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I extend testing time for one or more students, without affecting other test-takers?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you're taking a test and you already finished but the time was up before you could submit the quiz will the quiz be graded a zero?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student (anglican school)My friend logged into her canvas account on my laptop and whenever i log out and try to log back in it goes straight to her account and doesn't give me the chance to login.I have tried logging out multiple times and th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I removed a quiz from the module and now I need to add it again. When I try to do this add it back to the module, it is not in the list of options. I thought it removing it just removed from the module rather than deleted it for good. Can anyone help...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can log in on my iPad with the Canvas app. However, I can't log in on my windows laptop web page (Log In to Canvas ) with the same email address and password. I click Forgot Password, but I can receive emails from Canvas, even in the Junk Mailbox. ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the size limit for a file to be uploaded into a Canvas Module

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I import Cengage Testing material to my canvas class.Dr. George

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are some of the links from the internet that I'm inserting into the modules aren't activating.  Some do and some don't.  What's up?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to find a lost or accidentally deleted assignment/module?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to add an Office365 doc to an assignment I'm creating. However, I keep getting the same error message - "cannot find valid settings for this link". Any ideas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students are taking their quizzes under Lockdown with Respondus Monitor.  We are not allowing them to use scrap paper to take notes.  Is there a way that they can type notes, either on the quiz question itself or some other way, while taking the q...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is best program to do white board and math in CANVas?  Or the best way?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need an assignment submitted via email. The current Submission Type options - text entry, website URL, media recordings, and file uploads - don't include email. Can Canvas add email as an assignment submission option?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to the pandemic, our class is switching online to Canvas. How does a student get into Canvas to start using it for the classroom -do we need an invitation? If so, how do we get the invitation? If we don't need an invitation, how do we start using...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been working all day on building a module.I then needed to copy that module to another class section.  To be honest - I am not happy why this is so cumbersome.  eBackpack and Google Classroom works just fine with simple clicks.  Anyway - I bel...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After setting the start  date to today, I still get course is unpublished. What am I doing wrong?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I import students from an established course to a new course I created?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make sure a quiz requires that a student uses Respondus Lockdown browser?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I proctor (monitor) students on Canvas while they are taking an exam?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello everyone!I created a home page according to the video I watched with the oceanography class.I created it clicking on the left side that says "pages".Now I can't make it my home page!I'm sure it's something easy.Advice? Thanks.Claire

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When prompted to combine 2 students, i did. Now I want to undo that. Does anyone know how?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Only one student in my class is unable to send a message to the teacher.  She can see the messages the teacher sends, but cannot reply or send her own.  We are using iPads.  All other students are able to do this.  Is there a setting needed for stude...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Art Appreciation students will have easy art activities to do at home each week. I'd like them to upload a photo of their drawing (or collage, or what have you) to the discussion so we can see and share in everyone's work.Is this doable? Or, is th...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies