Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am not able to put more than 8 multiple choice quiz questions.  I have tried Chrome and Firefox but to no avail.  I want to use 10 questions, but whenever I try to put the ninth one in it does not show up.  Help!  Very frustrated at this point.  Th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my home page it goes directly to Module page .I want the home to be just a home page:-) How can I fix this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructor's question...On my main Canvas Discussions, I have four groups. I want to use (for now) only one Group discussion that automatically splits the class into two groups that discuss simultaneously. I need to know how to set up the dates and t...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change the little human icon to a real picture of me??

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a quick way to check how many/which kids have seen my announcements without having to check each individual student's analytics?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I give extra time, on an online quiz, to an ACCESS student?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I integrated Turnitin into Canvas. I grade essays by opening up the assignment in Canvas and using the Grademark tool in Turnitin to comment on the essays and issue grades. How do students access those comments? Student view doesn't let me see how st...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My administration has my courses divided up by grade level in Canvas, so I have 4 canvas courses for each class. Is there a way to combine all of these into one?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made my Canvas course, added pages with links and have a green published icon...however, when I went onto one of my students clever accounts to view her Canvas, my course does not show up, it says "access denied".  I added it to the student to-do a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am reviewing my Canvas class information. I noticed a message that says not visible to students. What do I need to do?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Cant figure out how to enter the grades in the grade sheet.  speed grader wont let me enter a value in the grade box.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need students to create a video and then upload it to Canvas where I can view and grade it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I make the quiz out of 100 points instead of 1 point per question?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I take test questions from one test to another.  ie- I have 7 chapter tests and I want to make a mid term exam from those previously written tests?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I posted an assignment to Jazz Improvisation 2020 yesterday, and now i cant find it. The Zoom conference comes up in upcoming lectures as "Brien Impro" but the assignment isn't there... do I need to do it again?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking one class this semester and I don't see it on my Canvas list of courses. How can I get Canvas to recognize that class?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, my teacher has a module for us to complete and is asking us to "mark as done" but i cannot find that "mark as done" button anywhere. It appears on my phone but does not let me click it for some reason. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are in the scramble that many are in to assist districts with instructional resources. I have developed a canvas course that I need to share out with over 400 students across multiple districts. In an attempt to avoid having to enter individual em...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot seem to upload captions to the videos I recorded using the media recorder in the New Rich Content Editor.  The Canvas Guide: How do I record media using the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor?  had the following link: Canvas videos als...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use short answer questions, and case studies that involve answers of a paragraph or more. I want the student to be able to access the exam online only, no downloads. I want the students to enter answers after each question, and then to enter the en...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to add captions to the video I created through the media recorder in the New Rich Content Editor.  There is no CC to click for adding captions.  This is not accessible for my students. How do I add captions to videos I created using the N...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello All,We are trying to put K-3 online. Does anyone have suggestions for apps that could be helpful.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to allow students to submit their assignments using JPG file, instead of PDF?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a CMOS citation to a discussion post? I see posts with numbered in-line citations shown in red, but see no mechanism for doing that in the HTML Editor.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students tell me that can't see the most recent grades posted.  On the grade tab most assignments have the word MANUAL in the column heading as well as a symbol that looks like the old CBS TV symbol with a slash through it.Any ideas what's going on? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a course with 3 classes posted within it. I had split the students into their perspective class under Group. So I have three groups representing the three classes. I desperately need the students to be listed in People-Everyone under their pe...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am trying to make the discussions I assign to students let them post anonymously in order to allow them comfort in sharing their thoughts, and questions.I haven't been able to find an option for this.  I would like to know who posts, but I d...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

how to add a link to these videos that sends the students directly to the videos

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Not sure if this question has been asked, but this pertains to Canvas (next) Quizzes > Essay > Student Feedback > Provide General Feedback.After I populated some general feedback, I previewed the quiz to see if the feedback did indeed show. However, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do students access the system?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies