Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My dashboard is not showing any of my courses. How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I join Quizziz to use with my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between the designer and the instructor?  What if one is having to fulfill both roles?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use a Rubric on a Discussion.  In the discussion I have peer reviews assigned so all posts to the discussion will get comments.  I just found out though that MY rubric is also a part of what the students have to fill out for me to see a "ch...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-26-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What happened with Canvas ? Why am I not able to find anything today ? It was so amazing to see everything on the first landing page! Give me back my yesterday’s Canvas! Guys, are you doing Canvas for yourselves or for us, students?! It was terrible ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been waiting for someone to contact me from canvas support since Monday, February 10, 2020. All I get from calling Teachers of Tomorrow is that my message has been forwarded and I should get a response within 24 hours. I've been waiting all we...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student assignment that was sent to me and I need to upload it to an assignment.  I can see how to upload ALL (after downloading) but not to add one student assignment.  Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I loaded a video on Tuesday, then it disappeared. When I try to reload, I receive an error message. The video will not load. Can anyone help with this? I am using a pc and not a Mac.  Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I go to send an email to my students through Canvas lately, an unwanted automatic suggestted subject line comes up below the field where I write the subject. It is something I will never use, and I don't know why Canvas automatically sugge...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I'm a TA and I use the rubric and speedgrader to grade assignments for a course.  I can hide grades for assignments successfully, But when I want to write the grade through speedgrader, it always somehow gets posted and released.  I don't know wha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i don't know how to put grades in the window in in Speed grader that's labeled  (window) OUT OF 0. what i want is to put in a traditional grade...a number out of 100. how do i do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to post a writing assignment and have students upload their essays in one place on canvas rather than digging through outlook email.  How can I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student inadvertently submitted a quiz before answering the questions. How do I open it up for her again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I use and love Quizzes in Canvas.  My question is about a difference I'm observing (and not understanding) in how quiz responses are appearing after submitting a Quiz.  Attached is a screenshot I took of the corrected responses after using the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Discussion: Returning to College                    What I am most looking forward to about starting college is, quite frankly attaining my certificate and if I am successful, going for a bachelors degree. I look forward to obtaining knowledge that w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I want to opt out of notifications for a course. How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has been reported before, but at least in the Q&A forums, the issue originally posted by  @hasti  is marked as "Answered", but this issue has not been addressed.  That question is here (https://community.canvaslms.com/message/101218-file-preview...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't work on my assignments because every time I start typing, it goes back up to the top of page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  One of my students just informed me that when accessing a fellow student's submission to peer review, the rubric would not allow her to add in number ratings or comments for various parts of the rubric.  What might be the issue here?Thank you...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students who are not enrolled are still in the Canvas list. The Canvas database seems to not getting updated regularly! The blackboard LMS used to be updated every morning, so the student list where fairly up to date.It's frustrating to have students...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Speed Grader:  I often leave comments in speed grader. Are my students notified of those comments? Am I notified if they respond back?  Asking for a friend:):):)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyone taking Business 279 this semester? I have a question 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Browser not up to date:I just purchased a new Lenovo Chromebook and when I log into my Canvas site it says the browser is not up to date. How can I get that off my screen and why is it there?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My dashboard on my canvas is glitching. How do I fix it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey,When I'm grading, I just want to make sure the students aren't getting updates as I update their scores and provide comments. My issue is that unless I manually click "Hide Grades" after I've submitted all my updates it won't show a "Hidden" bubb...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Passing Section and SIS ID information from Canvas to WeBWorkWe have set up the WeBWork LTI in Canvas and it's working like we want it to so far, but there's some tweak that we need involving custom LTI paramentersHere's what's in WeBWork:When auto-p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to embed a Google Form into a Canvas Assignment that way I can view my students' responses from SpeedGrader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a rubric with several categories.  For example: thesis statement, evidence, analysis, and conventions.  I graded a bunch of essays.  While I can get the overall average score for my essays, I want to know what category (thesis, evidence, etc) ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In speed grader, is it possible to cut and paste into the text box for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

What happened to the animated GIF function for each class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies