Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it possible to create a text box to allow a student to type into it?If so, how?!Thx!

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using the external tool, Hypothesis, for student groups to use to annotate research papers. Is there a way to do this in Canvas in assignments where small groups are assigned to a paper and they can see each other's annotations?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of our professors has brought up that they don't like how comments look in the new gradebook. I went in and did some testing and it appears that the comments don't retain any formatting and just display as a block of text after being submitted. P...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The original admin has left and I need to have an admin on for our courses. Is there some way to make myself an admin

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a quizzes next quiz that I created and would like to edit the due date and dates of availability. I am having trouble getting to the page where it will allow me to do that. When I go to edit the quiz, I only have the options of shuffling quest...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are migrating to a new video hosting platform and would like to able to get a listing of all the external link within a course so we can identify links to videos that need to updated to the new video hosting platform. Is there a way to pull a list...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The new grade book in Canvas will not load. It's been doing this off and on for the last couple of weeks.  I really need to access it today but am unable to.  Any suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you go into GRADES and use the email icon to message a student , once you send the message, is there a place where those messages are stored so that you can see that it was sent?  It appears that they do not show up in the inbox and they do not ...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.  I just started using canvas as a teacher.  When I set up a new discussion is there a way to automatically notify the students when I publish it?

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had a teacher come to me with this question.  She is accustomed to clicking on Quizzes and seeing her most recent/published quizzes at the top.  Today, she sees everything in seemingly no discernible order that I could see.  Is anyone else seeing t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on speedgrader and it says, show all sections, all sections are not showing.  What to do?Thank you.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to run a report that shows students who are receiving grades at the 'D' or 'F' level?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't see any information including course modules, the calendar, dashboard etc. I logged in, accepted the invitation to the selection round and it is still not working - the pages are blank. For instance, when I access a certain module subject, th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We noticed some UI functionality issues with the new Rich Text Editor.When we click to edit the page contents, the editor will resize the height to accommodate the length of the content.The editor toolbar will be out of reach if we are editing conten...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For teaching remotely can a time zone/place be set within Canvas itself for those who are delivering content to another time zone/place than where they are living?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up a course. I enter an exam.  What's the average? Oh, canvas can't tell me. I have to set up "Analytics" which apparently takes 24 hours.  To do what?  I can fly to Japan in less time. What is Canvas doing? Why doesn't the average just appear ...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Mail - Kerklaan, Yvonne M - OutlookAre there is any proformas on Canvas that will allow me to collect and review data please?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

it doesnt let me take a test!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, How can I request more storage space for files for my class? I'm about 89% of my total GB used, and I still have more recorded lectures to post. Thank you, Rebecca C. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What browser do I use to support canvas

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add icons (pictures) for module links?  I would like to use icons rather than use the basic module drop down menu in my canvas course.Please advise,Marie

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The last two times my students have participated in a peer review, some of them can't see the feedback they received. The peer reviews are set up automatically in my course and I haven't changed anything so I'm confused. Each week students download t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I change my class frequently, because I am new to online and learning as I go.One of my students informed me they get an email everytime I make an update.I had no idea!  My students must be going crazy.Can someone help me to turn this function off?Th...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Physics and am looking to utilize Canvas at our school next year. When making a quiz, is it possible to make multiple numerical answers with an accompanying text answer?For example, I would like students to analyze one circuit, but ask them m...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like my students to be able to use past quizzes as study material and exam prep, but my students have noted the following:1. If I put in an end date for quiz availability, it "disappears" from the students' view2. If I make a quiz available indef...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My dashboard can't display my course, just like this. Can you help me?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im new to canvas and this is very confusing (i miss bb).  When i click on assignments to submit my attestation form nothing populates but I know its due. Also, I can see the guidelines for the discussion post but I don't know where to go to start a n...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This question is mostly for the documentation team. Occasionally I have seen some documentation show up as PDF files, for example: Canvas Account Role Permissions PDF Canvas Course Role Permissions PDF Canvas Icon Comparisons PDF Rich Content Editor ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies