Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hva betyr dette ordet i fohold med CANVAS? Også, hvor kan jeg finne gamle Question papers i Canvas?Dette spørsmålet er oversatt med Google Translate.Subject: qualificationMessage: What does this word mean in terms of CANVAS? Also, where can I find ol...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear allI need an urgent help! I've prepared a Canvas Course for my students, and suddenly my password as teacher has been denied by the system, blocking my access. I've asked to reset it but the reply was useless:"You have requested a password confi...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. Trying canvas for the first time so please excuse if this is a rookie question.I am trying to institute a percentage-based grading system For example, we have a course in which quizzes are worth 30% of the grade. So far we have given 3 quizzes. A...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to undo a wrong course import? I imported entire course content from a wrong canvas site.

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy a quiz so I can alter it just a bit without changing the original quiz?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to annotate student paper submissions and the highlighter feature shows up as a solid block of color, obscuring the text. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a question concerning certificates. Why don't you issue the Course Certificate with the user's full name (which is required to register at Canvas in the first place) instead of issuing it with his/her email address? I think it would be more mo...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a parent trying to pair my second child to my existing observer account. When I add the pairing code, I get an error message that says I am not authorized to do this. I've tried on my iPhone and desktop. Why am I not authorized to add my own son...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that students can see the percent they earned on a quiz?  So, can they see 90% correct instead of 9/10 correct when they submit a quiz?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Teaching a course an grading voiced over Power point presentations. I see the speaker button on each slide, but cannot figure out how to hear the sound/ "make speaker play".. please advise

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am teaching a debate class for the first time, and I scaffolded some research-based graded discussions boards for each side of the debate--AFF and NEG--that will servie as a kind of crowd sourced database for each side. In that way, I only want hal...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have four people in my class who have the role "supplemental instruction leaders" assigned to them by my campus Canvas administrators. They are not students. They are in-class tutors, and I refer to them as "instructional aides." I would like to ha...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have four "supplemental instruction leaders" in my class. They are not students. They provide in-class tutoring. They are listed in the grade book, and that causes problems when I am trying to enter grades from assignments outside of Canvas. How do...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can I not access canvas on my school's wifi network. I can use this website with the same laptop at home. Strangely, I can use my smartphone connected to the school wifi to access my account on canvas. I really don't get this restriction.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here's the scenario:Instructor wants the lab sections crosslisted into a lecture section, and have all the assignments and grades there. The problem is that it wasn't crosslisted from the start, and 1 TA had students submit to assignments to the lab ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In other words, if I want to grade Assignment 1, 2, and 3 from Student A, can I switch between assignments WITHIN SpeedGrader? Or do I always have to click out of the assignment, go to the next assignment, and then go back into SpeedGrader?

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On quizzes and question sets I sometimes update or correct answers or add answer options.  Canvas does not auto-recorrect the questions using the new/edited answers.  (Or does it?)  This feature needs to be added.  (Blackboard does this function!!)

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I gain access to Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do I have to use the mouse to go back and forth from the grade box to the go to next assignment arrow.  There is so much back and forth.  It would be really nice if after your scored an assignment you could just push enter and it would automatica...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to allow for video recording of myself if I accidentally hit block for the media recorder?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to duplicate a test and be able to modify it for my EC students without changing the original that other students need to take?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

need a copy of the my transcript Jeannette Le Duc

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,We are nearing the end of our first year of using Canvas and are wondering what the procedure is to roll over our courses for 2020.We currently integrate with Edumate our school Student Information System and course creation and enrollments come f...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can't I answer a question on the quiz I am taking? There is no reply button and no available editor. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I ran an online Quiz in Canvas earlier in the semester, but a student missed it and I now need to allow him access to this quiz.How do I open a past quiz just for a single student?Thanks in advance,GavinRMIT University

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I keep taking the same class over and over, but the screen freezes, and then sends me back to the beginning. Is there a phone number for tech support?!

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I group Pages into Modules?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my kids pairing codes for canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies