Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I transfer all the documents in Files in course 766A to course 766B?I have, as the teacher, access to both courses.Thanks Bruce Marks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are hoping to be signing with Canvas and beginning our transition from Blackboard to Canvas Spring 2020 for a go live date Summer 2021.Does Canvas have any comparable features that are part of the core product or could you recommend products to fi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't open all the files on canvas, what should I do?  besides, my dashboard is blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two things:1. I need to report a bug and I don't know where to do this and I am super frustrated both at the bug and how hard it is to find where to report it.2. The new hide grades tool is broken! The eye says it is hidden and the eye says it is hid...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I hide grades and my personal feedback on assignments? I thought I used to be able to "mute" an assignment, then "unmute" it when I was ready to display all grades??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had a assignment which required 2 files to be submitted. A Word docx and a xlsx file. But it appears that only one file for that assignment can be submitted using Office 365. I know how to do it through the file upload. Using the microsoft of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It only allows me to upload one.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can anyone know how to force Canvas displaying with exact 3 or 4 decimal places when generating the results? I found a displaying problem in Canvas.  If the correct answer was 1262.000 or 49.5750, Canvas only showed 1262 and 49.575, respectively. Can...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz in canvas.  How do I download/export that quiz so I can print a hard copy?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to get a report on the usage of the Canvas calendar feature? I am trying to retrieve data on how many instructors created appointments for signups and calendar events.Thanks!Evan

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course is currently marked that the grades are not weighted. However, I want the students to easily view their overall grade in the course at any moment. How do I weight the grades to reveal a current course total grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My student has a picture that is sideways. How can I help her so that it is upright?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get the green page icon in the grade center to show a score?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the way I weighted grades I gave the "reading assignments" 25% towards the overall grade. I've noticed that when students are getting full credit in these assignments, their overall grade doesn't budge.  Yet, when they don't get full credit, their...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are using Canvas Flipgrid integration for large courses. The instructor and TA's are grading (and commenting) with Speedgrader. Currently, Flipgrid auto-plays the next video recording.Because it takes a moment to finish grading after watching a st...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I currently I am only able to submit one video for an assignment. However, I have six separate videos that need submitted for this same assignment. Anytime I re-submit a new video it erases the video previously uploaded.Basically need to know how to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I understand how to delete individual assignments and individual pages. How can I delete several at the same time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add attendance grades manually?  I have created a an assignment group called Attendance.  I cannot enter grades, however.  Do I need to create an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In one of my classes, I apparently and somehow unknowingly created Assignment Groups.  Now I don't want groups, just the assignments that are within the groups.  The problem is the Groups have created an extended grade book where the Assignment title...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I send an invitation

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to download all attachments in a Discussion at once, rather than item by item in SpeedGrader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log into canvas none of my courses show up on my dashboard or calendar I need this to be fixed asap or I'm going to start to fail classes.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to update a rubric once it has been added to an external tool assignment? I want to update it so that it I checked "use this rubric for assignment grading"

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am brand new to Canvas and have a macbook pro. Will I need to purchase a microphone and video camera in order to use that feature of the content editor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for a report that gives, at the least, term, campus ID, the Course name, course number, and teacher name associated with it that can be run. Anyone know something I don't know?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We seem to have a number of students and/or enrollments for which the enrollment state doesn't change when you do things in the GUI or API, e.g. a "completed" enrollment...you click restore and it appears to work, but reloading the page it has not.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i allow resubmitting new photos for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I have a situation where students answer questions in discussions but some of the assignments aren't showing up in the grade book or in the discussion thread, however, they are showing up in SpeedGrader. Once graded in SG, they do not carry ove...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just gave my first exam in Canvas.  As soon as the student submit their exam it showed how many they got correct out of the total number possible.  I still have to do some manual grading so that score is not correct and so it is freaking some stude...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies