Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello! I am a student at SBCC and I am taking Animal Diversity. I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble finding the Discussion questions for the course, because I simply cannot find them! 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have one of the reports automatically run once per week?  For example, every Monday the grade report would automatically run and email me when it's ready.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a TA for a course which sometimes requires me to make announcements to the students. How can I get the email id of all the students enrolled in the course?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I login to canvas the boxes for my class show up, but is completely blank. Also, when I go to check my grades, it  is just a blank page. Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Could someone help me find instructions on how to set up a WebEx online review for and with the students on Canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like for a students grade to automatically drop 50% after the assignment is more than 10 days late.  I am not looking for an incremental drop.  The only options I see is to drop by the hour or by the day, I do not see an option to designate w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to create on-going visual files for my kids to keep an Art portfolio in Canvas. I've figured out how to create a private discussion for each student. And how to embed an Image (see video below) so they can see the image and not just a file...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I get my grades into Skyward?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to I turn off student notifications?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just started doing some research on Caliper, and I'd love some pointers.As with any standard that I've tried so far, the learning curve is steep  the amount of information is overwhelming and sometimes is not easy to digest Some of the questions I ...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I add a progress bar into a course to indicate to the student how far along they are in the course content?

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm in Legacy Quizzes. From the Quiz list, a quiz shows 30 questions. We deleted 15 questions, but from the quiz list, the details still show 30 questions. Doesn't seem like there's any way to edit that.Any ideas appreciated.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I duplicate a quiz?  I have two classes for Year 2 ASL and I set up an assignment using Quizzes where one class signs statements using money signs that the other class can answer and vice versa.  To avoid hard work duplicating the assignment ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I create an Announcement it appears open for comments in my teacher view.  When I switch to student view it is closed for comments.  I'm not seeing a way to change the setting.  Did I miss something?

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

During orientation, it was mentioned that new students can get Office 365 for free for up to 5 devices. Can you please direct me as to how I would go about getting this program? Thank you.

• 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello,My account does not give me an option to upload a profile picture. Please help!Thank you,Lizette

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I publish a course?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I transfer all the documents in Files in course 766A to course 766B?I have, as the teacher, access to both courses.Thanks Bruce Marks

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are hoping to be signing with Canvas and beginning our transition from Blackboard to Canvas Spring 2020 for a go live date Summer 2021.Does Canvas have any comparable features that are part of the core product or could you recommend products to fi...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't open all the files on canvas, what should I do?  besides, my dashboard is blank.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two things:1. I need to report a bug and I don't know where to do this and I am super frustrated both at the bug and how hard it is to find where to report it.2. The new hide grades tool is broken! The eye says it is hidden and the eye says it is hid...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I hide grades and my personal feedback on assignments? I thought I used to be able to "mute" an assignment, then "unmute" it when I was ready to display all grades??

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had a assignment which required 2 files to be submitted. A Word docx and a xlsx file. But it appears that only one file for that assignment can be submitted using Office 365. I know how to do it through the file upload. Using the microsoft of...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can anyone know how to force Canvas displaying with exact 3 or 4 decimal places when generating the results? I found a displaying problem in Canvas.  If the correct answer was 1262.000 or 49.5750, Canvas only showed 1262 and 49.575, respectively. Can...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz in canvas.  How do I download/export that quiz so I can print a hard copy?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to get a report on the usage of the Canvas calendar feature? I am trying to retrieve data on how many instructors created appointments for signups and calendar events.Thanks!Evan

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course is currently marked that the grades are not weighted. However, I want the students to easily view their overall grade in the course at any moment. How do I weight the grades to reveal a current course total grade?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My student has a picture that is sideways. How can I help her so that it is upright?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies