Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I can access canvas on my phone and iPad just fine, the view is just a little skewed because of the sizing; however, whenever I log into canvas using my computer it doesn't load the classes cards and I have to click courses for it show what I have. T...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the past I was able to publish quiz grades and then mute them until the students had their papers back. I do not see a mute/unmute option. Where is it located now? Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instead of just dumping files into a module, I build tables to organize my material and then hyperlink text in my tables to Canvas files. I cannot see how many people are looking at my Practice Test 1, for example, I only see that they clicked on the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can retrieve scores from an assignment if I loaded another past class on top of the current class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am giving a mid-term this Wednesday 9/18 using the quiz module in Canvas.  I have set up the exam for the entire class to open at the beginning of class and close 75 minutes thereafter at the end of class.  However, I have three students with acade...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So I just inadvertently deleted a module. I googled and found the undelete typed into the title bar process.  I was able to regain one element from the module.  But not the rest of the content.Is there any way to retrieve the whole module?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good Evening:When I log on to Canvas, I am in cardview; however the cards are blank. Once I click on assignments or discussions or grades, I cannot view anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I post Extension On-Line class Grades?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some quizzes are listed as unlocked, while others do not display the icon.  What does this mean?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,My son is a 9th grader and using canvas for the first time this year. He has ADHD and struggles with making sure he completes his assignments on time. In middle school, his HW system enabled him to see his homework for all his courses on ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to delete an entire course from my Canvas Dashboard?  I have a completed/passed class from last Spring's semester and two that are from last Summer's sessions, that are still on my Canvas dashboard.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to get on my canvas but I can't log out of my friends

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I login into canvas on my laptop, and go into my assignments, it allows me to read what the assignment is but not allowing me to respond, reply, or upload anything. However, when I go on my phone, it does allow me to reply and respond. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

"View Feedback" button isn't visible. My instructor has left feedback on numerous assignments, yet I am unable to find it. I HAVE read the online tutorials etc. I have used Canvas for years. It used to be visible by the "add a comment section" yet it...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I get to launch pad?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when signing in to canvas my dashboard tiles are blank, without colour and are flashing. when I click on them nothing happens I can only access the content  by using the menu on the left hand side, going through pages or files

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to filter the calendar feed after it's imported to google calendar? My feed has multiple calendars that are irrelevant to me & it's stopping me from seeing the feeds I actually need easily. If filtering is not an option, it really is s...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi CANVAS Legends, I am very interested to hear the success and the troubleshooting others have applied in contextualising CANVAS to the Vocational Educational Sector in Australia. I have done a brief search and couldn't find answers I was looking fo...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Mute function has been replaced by the Grade Posting Policy in the new Gradebook. In the past, when I Muted an assignment, it was my understanding that *everything* was hidden from the student--grades, feedback written directly on the assignment ...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I have Canvas regrade a test after discovering an incorrect answer?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't want to use the green and red colors in the rubrics. If a student gets the max points they see green but if they get any other percentage (even 90%) they see the color red outlining the rubric criteria box.  Is there any way to remove this fe...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello!I have assigned anonymous peer reviews to an assignment, but for grading purposes need to access and use the annotation tools in SpeedGrader. I discovered here in the Q&A forum, that when anonymous peer reviews are assigned, the annotation tool...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to over-ride some grades where a late grade deduction was automatically applied. I've changed my settings to not do so, but I can't change the grades already assigned. Yet, when I click on the grade box, the grade I eventually gave them (sever...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to submit an assignment but I keep getting a pop up that say I need to agree to a submission pledge.  Where do I find this?-jobana

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to submit my assignment and I keep getting a pop up that is telling me to agree to a submission pledge.  Where do i find this submission pledge?Jobana

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my canvas is not loading on my Apple Mac but i am able to access canvas on my school computers and i was asking is the problem with canvas or my computer. 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I submitted a google drive word document under assignments for one of my classes. It said it was still processing but that I could navigate away from the page without disrupting submission. The screen also said that it would email me if the submissio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we please go back to using the internet explorer browser it is so much more efficient and user friendly. I can't update browser my laptop or desktop to go straight into Thomas More University/College Canvas from firefox/chrome!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is causing confusion because I have students who are literally waiting until 11:50 PM (my standard cut-off time) to submit assignments. Then, invariably, they miss submitting an assignment.  Please change the prepositions from "at"  to "by."

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies