font-size in Canvas questions

ckish3
Community Novice

The font-size in Canvas questions (for writing the questions, *not* student essay answers) doesn't seem to work in a normal way. For example, if the font-size for the question is set as 12, the font looks small. But if you highlight the entire question box and then change the font-size to 12, you get a bigger version of text which actually looks like size 12 font. This makes questions look inconsistent and poorly formatted. As far as I can tell, it's because when highlighting the entire question and changing the font-size to 12, it adds "<span style="font-size: 12pt;">" to each of the "span" areas that contain "<p>" paragraphs of text. The way to make things consistent is to go back, highlight the entire box, and change the font to 12 pt for all of it, but this is very tedious especially when there are a lot of questions involved. It's not a huge functionality issue, but it does cause the aesthetics to look inconsistent and a lot less professional. It seems like it shouldn't be that hard of a permanent fix (maybe always have the "span" line default included?), so I just thought I would ask if there is already a solution to this issue / if it has already been brought up? 

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks! 

0 Likes