how do you post a picture to an introduction

Jump to solution

how do you post a picture with your introduction

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @knelson0316  (and I will add my own) Welcome to the Canvas Community! If you're indeed trying to embed the picture into a reply to a discussion (which would serve as the introduction), the instructions are in How do I embed an image in a discussion reply as a student?  And please stay tuned, because effective with this weekend's product release, the process for doing that will be easier—and at that time, the documentation to which I linked will be updated to reflect that. If you'd like to take a sneak peak at what's coming next week, you'll find the summary here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi  @knelson0316 and welcome to the community!

I'm going to guess it's for a discussion topic where you need to introduce yourself?  If so, then it would all depend if that feature was enabled for a Discussion post and even then you would only be able to attache an image not necessarily post it right on the discussion.

Hope this helps if not give us more information.

Have a great day. 

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @knelson0316  (and I will add my own) Welcome to the Canvas Community! If you're indeed trying to embed the picture into a reply to a discussion (which would serve as the introduction), the instructions are in How do I embed an image in a discussion reply as a student?  And please stay tuned, because effective with this weekend's product release, the process for doing that will be easier—and at that time, the documentation to which I linked will be updated to reflect that. If you'd like to take a sneak peak at what's coming next week, you'll find the summary here.