multiple optional assignments, one grade in gradebook

Jump to solution
IoanMuntean
Community Member

Hi there,

I am new to Canvas as my university just migrated from Blackboard. I have a large class in which students have 3-4 readings per each module. Each reading has a specific prompt and is graded on the same scale (let us say, 25 points). Each student can pick ONE reading per module, submit the answer by the deadline and move to the next module. 

My question is about the gradebook. How I set this in gradebook such that:

1 students are able to submit only one answer per module

2 students are able to see the submission of others, but only for the same reading

3 the stat does not add all the readings together. That means for that module the 25 points would be the maximum grade.

I did something like this in Blackboard by creating a discussion forum for each readings for each module. What is the right way to do this? Is there any way to group together some grades and consider them together as one score?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @IoanMuntean,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We hope you are doing well and that you’ve found an answer to your question!

The Community Team acknowledges that this thread does not have a proper answer. However, we are marking this post as a temporary solution to help Community Members find and respond to the newest and most active threads.

At any time, any Community member can click the “Not the Solution” option and then respond in-thread with your follow-up questions. It’s important to include @CommunityForums in that reply so we can restore the entire topic to our list of unanswered questions we check routinely.

View solution in original post