outdated rubric visible to student on mobile

Jump to solution
cam47
Community Member

I have an assignment in which I use a rubric for scoring.  A student showed me that when she views her submission on her iPhone, the rubric criterion is an outdated one that I used several semesters ago.  When she uses a computer, she sees the criterion that I entered and intended.

It seems as though the process of importing assignments from one class to another has resulted in old information lingering somehow, but it only shows up in the mobile version of Canvas.  Maybe only in iOS?

Can anyone shed light on this problem?  Is creating a new assignment the only way to fix it?

1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @cam47 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with viewing a rubric on the  mobile student app. If the rubric appears correctly on a browser, but doesn't work on the app they should clear their cache on the iPhone.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Student-iOS-Guide/What-Student-app-options-can-I-manage-fr...

That should absolutely resolve it. If it doesn't, have the student delete the app entirely and re-download. 

View solution in original post