submission comments lost after changing group set

AndrewPennock1
Community Member

Hi, I was just wondering if there was any way to recover assignment submissions after changing the group set.

After collecting student group submissions (grades assigned individually), I wanted to allow the students the opportunity to change their groups. I was careful to wait until all of the assignments were collected and graded. However, after I changed the existing groups, I later discovered that none of the assignment file submissions were visible. I realize in hindsight that I should have just cloned the existing group set, but I had done similar modifications to groups on a smaller scale without any noticeable consequence.

I since tried to manually revert the groups to their previous state, since I found on one of the forums that this worked for someone with a similar problem, but nothing would work. When I navigate to the assignment, it does indicate that students have already submitted work to the assignments so that group settings cannot be changed. I tried downloading the submissions, and they are still there, but I didn't see my annotations. I'm thinking that the submissions with the annotations must be stored somewhere on the canvas site. If you have any recommendations for how to recover my comments, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Andrew

Labels (1)
0 Likes