How do I use the Canvas Studio media editor?
After uploading a file to your media library, you can use the Studio media editor to make changes to your file.
After making changes your media file, you can replace your original file with the edited version or you can save the edited version as a new file.
- You can only edit media you access through your Studio media library.
- You cannot edit a media file in a course that is embedded within that course.
- In order to update and show the edited version of a media file that is already embedded in a course, you must manually update the embedded course location.
- You can only edit media files you have uploaded and stored in Studio.
- You cannot edit Youtube or Vimeo imported videos in Studio.
- If you edit a media file that has captions, the captions are edited along with the video as closely as possible. After making any edits, check the file and captions for alignment.
- The Canvas Studio Media Player supports keyboard shortcuts. View the Studio Media Player Keyboard Shortcuts document.
Open Media Editor
On the My Library page, locate the media and click the Options icon . Then click the Edit Media link .
Note: To edit media that has been shared with you, you must copy the media to your library.
View Media Editor Options
Click the Play button to watch your media .
The media playhead displays at the beginning of the media timeline and moves from left to right as the media plays .
To cut and remove sections of your media file, click the Cut button .
To trim material from the beginning or end of your video file, click the Trim button .
To zoom in or out of the media timeline, click the Zoom buttons .
If you uploaded a video file, you can view a preview of your video frames that display in the media timeline .
To exit the Studio media editor, click the Cancel button .
Note: The media timeline will not display frame previews in the video editor on mobile devices.
View Keyboard Shortcuts
You can navigate through the Studio media editor with your keyboard by pressing the Tab key consecutively. This is an accessibility feature for keyboard-only users.
After cycling through a few onscreen navigation items by pressing the Tab key, the Keyboard Shortcuts icon displays to the right of the media title in the Studio media editor .
When the Keyboard Shortcuts icon displays, press the Enter or Return key.
The Keyboard Shortcuts window displays, which shows common keyboard shortcuts you can use in the Studio media editor .
To close the Keyboard Shortcuts window, click the Close button .