(Canvas Data 2) Is it possible to scope on SubAccounts?

Givan
Community Member

Hey Community,

I’m currently trying to migrate my application to use Canvas Data 2 and I’ve been running against a problem and was wondering if you could help.

Example:

RootAccount

• SubAccount1
    • Account1
    • Account2
  • SubAccount2
    • Account1
    • Account2

I want to retrieve all data from SubAccount1, now I thought this could be done within the Query Parameters with the use of the scope parameter. In the given example this means that I want to retrieve data per SubAccount and not from the RootAccount. Now in the description of the scope it says: ‘Identifies the scope to access, e.g. a root account UUID for Canvas, or a district ID for Mastery’. Because it just says ‘e.g.’, I was wondering if it is possible to scope my data based on my SubAccount?

For context I want to make a possibility to retrieve the data form separate SubAccount, because this means I can filter on my active accounts and whenever an inactive account is activated in can run an incremental query on the SubAccount itself instead of the whole environment? 

If it is not possible to scope on SubAccounts, is there another solution to solve this? Or do I just have to accept I need to retrieve all data?