Outcomes by Account and Outcome Groups

agschmid
Community Contributor

Does anyone know if the outcomes tables are complete in Canvas Data?

I can create the report I need using the API, grabbing the following information :

api/v1/accounts/#{account_id}/outcome_groups?per_page=100

outcome_group_id, outcome_group_title, parent_outcome_group_id, parent_outcome_group_title

Then I need to make a second call:

api/v1/accounts/#{account_id}/outcome_groups/#{outcome_group_id}/outcomes?per_page=100

outcome_id, outcome_title

With this data I can get the outcome group and its parent outcome group (if it exists), and the outcomes created for the outcome groups at the account level.

Looking at Canvas Data, I've tried multiple ways and all I seem to be able to get are the outcome groups and their outcomes.

If there is a parent outcome group, I don't seem to be able to get that information and not all account outcomes are listed.

api/v1/accounts/#{account_id}/outcome_groups?per_page=100
outcome_group_id, outcome_group_title, parent_outcome_group_id, parent_outcome_group_title

api/v1/accounts/#{account_id}/outcome_groups/#{outcome_group_id}/outcomes?per_page=100
outcome_id, outcome_title

account_id, account_name, outcome_group_id, outcome_group_title, parent_outcome_group_id, parent_outcome_group_title, outcome_id, outcome_title

Besides the account table, I'm using learning_outcome_dim, learning_outcome_group_dim and learning_outcome_group_association_fact.
I do not want outcome results, only the outcomes created at an account level.

If anyone else has created a report like this using Canvas Data, any help in pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Labels (4)
0 Likes