Opening a Closed Quiz on an imported course

Jump to solution
Michael-CS
Community Member

In my Canvas FFT account, I recently imported (in 2023) a canvas export package  (exported and downloaded in 2016 before my retirement).   When trying to edit the availability dates on a survey/quiz, Canvas labels the Quiz as "closed" and I do not have access to any editing tools.

Is this an artifact of an imported class whose dates have passed?  A limitation of the FFT account?

I appreciate any advice you can offer.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Michael-CS
Community Member
Author

Sorry, It's me again. I figured out my problem.  I was logged in as one of my "fake students" when testing the student account, not my instructor account.

I usually activate "student view" when possible, but sometimes I want the full student experience, as I did then, and forgot that I was no longer in my instructor login!

Sorry for the unnecessary post.

View solution in original post

Michael-CS
Community Member
Author

Thanks for getting back so fast, Chris.  As I mentioned, just before you your answer, it was an issue of my not having the correct login.  I may have had two browser tabs open, and I though I was in my instructor login, but apparently I was in my "fake" student login.  But to answer your question, I'm attaching my old from-to-due dates screen shot (instructor view), as they were (and are).  I haven't changed them yet, but now that I know I can, I will do so.

View solution in original post

0 Likes