A few small usability improvements for course co-ordinators

0 Likes

1. When finding files in the "Files" environment, the ability to search for a file then "Go to Folder"; this would make file management much easier

2. The ability to publish or unpublish several resources at once

3. When a student finds a broken link, automatically including the meta-information about where they were when they clicked it, instead of relying on the student to describe this in their message

4. The ability to preview what a module of individually published resources would look like to a student BEFORE publishing the module itself. At present you need to actually publish the module before "student view" will work properly, otherwise you get an error message saying it's not published yet. Well yes, that's why I was trying to preview it from a student's perspective!

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (3)
1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas!

2.  You can currently bulk publish and unpublish in files. This lesson will walk you through the processHow do I move and organize my files as an instructor? 

3. With the broken link, instructors are notified of both the location and content of the link error. The Notification default is set to daily delivery. What do you experience?

1 + 4 are not available right now in Canvas, and neither is an existing idea. (That's why your initial share is marked as Archived.) For our process, please submit each as its own request. How do idea conversations work in the Instructure Community?