Add 3 letter AWS region codes to the instance status page

0 Likes

Add region codes used in Status postings, to the instance status pages where the AWS region is located, or just use the Region code listed there in the status posting.

Most users don't know what region they are hosted in, so status postings that note something like "IAD Region" are not all that helpful. Admins know about the instance status pages, but the region is listed there as "us-east-1". It would be great to provide consistency and list the same information for both places. Or at the very least, create a community resource that shows the mapping of 3 letter codes to the respective AWS region. L1 service agents that I have encountered also don't seem to know the region codes in relation to the instances.

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @vanzandt -

Thank you for taking the time to share this idea with the Community! While this thread is being Archived because it isn't a request for improving or adding a feature in one of Instructure's products, it is a valuable piece of feedback. 

Even though this isn't progressing through our formal Idea Process, I shared this information directly with two of Instructure's Support Supervisors, and they are looking into some options. They appreciated hearing from you as well!

vanzandt
Community Champion
Author

Thank you for passing this along to Support Supervisors. It was a support agent that I was chatting with that directed me to this form to submit my idea. If this isn't the correct place for these ideas, then you might also want the supervisors to discuss the proper routing of ideas with their agents.