[Modules] Add Star Toggler Button To Canvas Modules

I think a good feature to consider adding in the future is to let students click a star icon in module headers and items. Like Gmail and other email sites, users can mark something as important by clicking a star icon. The star icon can help remind the student to go back to that module item or module and they can remember where some important information is located. This is especially helpful when a school instructor makes long modules containing dozens of items.

For reference, I am a student who uses Canvas.

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

RuthBowdler
Community Novice

I would love to be able to star a specific module!

To add to that idea - I think starred modules should show up somewhere. I think maybe on Dashboard with all the other courses as "Starred Modules". My university publishes courses related to student support,  mental health, preparing for the workplace and general announcements etc., that don't have announcements often or don't have relevant announcements. They're great, but I don't check them every day and only attend meetings relevant to me. I had some time to explore a bit and just found some great resources under modules that I would like to go through later. I would love a reminder somewhere. Maybe under its own heading in the side bar with Coming Up and Recent Feedback

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.