[Admin Tools] Reorder Pronoun Options (Admin Setting)

Problem statement:

Currently, if an Admin enters a list of pronoun sets into the Personal Pronouns field there is no options to reorder how the list appears in the dropdown to the users (student/teacher/etc). To reorder, you must delete all the already entered sets and start again which removes the choice the user(s) have already made. Not being able to reorder also creates an issue when new pronoun sets are added at a later date.

Example:

• First sets entered: - He/Him/His - She/Her/Hers - They/Them Theirs - Xe/Xem/Xyr - Ask me my pronoun - No pronoun, name only
  • Then you add: - He/Him/El - She/Her/Ella - Ze/Zir/Zirs
  • Your drop down list for your users now looks like this: - He/Him/His - She/Her/Hers - They/Them Theirs - Xe/Xem/Xyr - Ask me my pronoun - No pronoun, name only - He/Him/El - She/Her/Ella - Ze/Zir/Zirs
  • When you want it to look like this: - Ask me my pronoun - No pronoun, name only - He/Him/His - He/Him/El - She/Her/Hers - She/Her/Ella - They/Them Theirs - Xe/Xem/Xyr - Ze/Zir/Zirs

Proposed solution:

Allow admins to reorder the pronoun sets listed in the Available Pronouns field on the Settings page.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,student,ta,designer

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL