All quiz grades should be hidden by default

0 Likes

Given the online environment, it would be preferable to have ALL quiz grades hidden by default in ALL courses.  When an instructor wants to post grades, the instructor can do so.  This would prevent students from seeing grades that may not be final grades---for example, when "select all that apply" questions are used, Canvas does not grade them correctly EVER.  When I go back in to manually update grades and people have seen the first grade, they think I'm penalizing.  I'm not penalizing.  I'm simply adjusting the grade to what it should have been initially.  

Also, in the event of a course where students may have more than one attempt at a quiz, but the faculty member does not want them to know each score, there should be no way for the student to "see" the score, which may change the way they approach the exam entirely----becoming entirely obsessed with getting 100%, for example.   

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @KarenMarch -

Thank you for taking the time to share your idea with the Instructure Community!

Your request overlaps with a couple of already-existing Ideas. Please comments and rate (star) them to help the Instructure Project Managers understand the needs for the features in New Quizzes.

Fully Mute Quiz in Quizzes.Next 

New Quizzes: Show and Hide Quiz Results by Date