[Assignments] Require Multiple Submission Type

Problem statement:

When a teacher allows a student the option to turn in something on paper OR digitially, I have to select the submission type: digital> text box etc. I cannot select "on paper" AND "digital". Students who have submitted a paper version and already have a score still see the assignment on their "to-do list" (because they haven't submitted anything digitally), and are confused.

Proposed solution:

Please allow teachers to select multiple modes of submission type, especially ON PAPER and DIGITAL SUBMISSION. When a student already has a score for an assignment, they should not still have the item on their to do list, regarless of submission status.

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

oinge
Community Member

I'd like to see this as an option as well, especially when the GoogleDrive LTI is so inconsistent. It would be nice to have both that AND file attachment as an option, as we can do in GoogleClassroom.

GunnarWilliams
Community Novice

I am high school photography teacher. I need students to be able to upload a few image files AND be able to insert a web link to their online portfolio work other than just pasting it in the comment box. If they are able to enter an active link with their photos, I can just click on it and it will send me to their work. It is so tedious highlighting, copying, and then pasting their typed in the comment box web links that I can't click.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme