Auto save or save warning

0 Likes

When you leave the page during an edit of announcements, it stops you with a warning. Why not everywhere else where it is more important like creating assignments and quizzes? It seems like the feature is built and available, but you forgot to install it where it is essential. At least give us an auto-save option. 

Tags (2)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@gtriebel1 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Has your school turned on the New Rich Content Editor (RCE)? The new RCE has an auto-save feature that will save what the instructor has entered even when the instructor inadvertently navigates away from the page. I just tested this by starting to create a new assignment and then clicking on a course navigation link without saving the assignment. The next time I clicked on +Assignment from the Assignments page, I saw this:

autosave message.png

...and when I clicked Yes, the content I had previously created displayed in the Assignment, still in edit mode.

In addition, it's possible your school isn't yet using New Quizzes. Auto-save functionality for the new quiz tool was developed a while back, and you can read more about that here

The New RCE will become the only RCE in mid-January 2021, and our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation. In light of the existing functionality, we've archived the idea.

Thanks! 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

gtriebel1
Community Member

Thank you for the info! I'll look into it. It is good to know that canvas is improving by soliciting suggestions from its users.