[Catalog] Certificate improvements: Wysiwyg Editor

Wish list for the upcoming Certificate of Completion Improvments

• Wysiwyg editor for Certificate
    To create a Certificate in line with our organization's graphic profile it is a lot of coding and work around today in Catalog. We need a rich text editor with possibility to upload images, fonts and edit css.

Added to Theme

Catalog Certificate Improvements Theme Status: Identified

14 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing these suggestions, @birger_eriksson . As they are two separate ideas, would you please remove the second one from the description and write a new idea for that request? To edit the idea, click on the three dots at the upper right of the page and select Edit Idea.

Once you've completed the edit and new idea submission, we'll move them both forward as separate conversations.

Stacey_C
Community Participant

in support of this feature

bromanski
Community Participant

Yes making the certificate much easier to edit is essential. We do not have in house HTML skills and we want to issue multiple certificates for different credential if organizations and it’s not possible for us to do so without more built in options. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@bromanski @Stacey_C  This submission contains two separate ideas, so we're maintaining it in Moderating mode as we wait for @birger_eriksson to split out the two ideas into individual submissions. At that point, we will be able to move each one forward for broader discussion.

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you @Stef_retired  and @birger_eriksson.

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

Let me know if there is a new idea and I will send it out for voting.

birger_eriksson
Community Participant

Thank you for supporting the rich text editor idea for Certificate here!
I have removed the variable idea as I found an existing idea for that: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Expand-supported-variables-in-custom-Certifica...

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks so much, @birger_eriksson , for editing the idea to give it greater focus—and for finding an existing idea to support! We've moved this forward for broader discussion.

kmarengo
Community Participant

This would be a great improvement to the certificate, Customization improvements