Change posted date of "Delay Posting" announcement

0 Likes

When you create an announcement and delay the posting, when the announcement is posted the posted date visible by students and admin is the creation date of the announcement and not the date of the post. This generated a lot of confusion for students that could see old dated announcements.

Example: If you create an announcement on 1st December 2021 and then you Delay posting until 10th January 2022, then the posted date of the announcement is 1st December 2021.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @YvesPRENEAU -

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your idea! The Community Team was unable to replicate the issue you described. When using the delay option, the correct publication day and time is visible. 

I think the next best step would be to connect with Canvas Support. I'll leave this idea in Moderation for 2-weeks. If you hear back and it should be opened, please let the Community know.How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? How do I contact Canvas Support? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived