Copy an item (page/module/assignment) to more than one class at a time.

0 Likes
(2)

Copy an item (page/module/assignment) to more than one class at a time.

5 Comments
bwalukon
Community Novice

This would be very helpful.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@bwalukon 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Instructors can accomplish this by sharing the content to Commons, then selecting multiple courses to which to copy it: 

How do I share a resource to Commons?

How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?

As this is already possible using existing Canvas features, we've archived the idea.

Thanks again! Stay safe, and stay well. 🙂

MBStone
Community Participant

YES!  Canvas is very clunky right now.  It needs to be streamlined to make teaching easier.  The announcements, Assignments and emails should be much easier to give to ALL the classes.  Right now it's very time consuming and clunky.  

The above suggestion to copy it to commons is not a good solution.  It's a poor work around.  It's not what we are asking for.  

Please listen to us.  We need to create Announcements, assignments and emails and select multiple classes with 1 click, not a 1-5 minute process.  We need time saving options.  Please listen to us, don't patronize us.  

danza
Community Member

I agree that the solution offered to use Commons is extra steps that could be streamlined.  We should be able to make an assignment/share a file/make an announcement in one class and before posting that item have the option to copy that it to any other class at that exact same time.  This would save time and make it easier to track which courses get what materials.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Please add your comments and rating to Copying Assignments to Multiple Classes and we'll close comments on this one to keep that thread from branching off.