Hiding Unused Outcomes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I would like to request that teachers have to option to hide outcomes that they have not yet aligned to a published item. I have a teacher who is using outcomes heavily in Canvas but would like to only show the ones that the students are using at the moment. For example, if she has an entire semester's worth of manually created outcomes, they will show in teh Learning Mastery gradebook, but we would only like those that are being used on a published item to show.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15213 .

17 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for your submission, eellis​. You idea will be open for vote during the next voting cycle. Please bookmark this idea in order to make it easier to reference it later! Smiley Happy

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is now open for voting.

kristin_bayless
Community Contributor

This would be very helpful.  We populate courses with outcomes for the teachers, but not all the outcomes apply to the course.  If the teachers could go through and check or hide the outcomes to be displayed, or if they only displayed in Learning Mastery if graded, it would make the Learning Mastery gradebook easier to use.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

137375_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  Idea is currently under consideration

This feature idea has been reviewed by product and has moved into the Under Consideration stage. An idea may stay in the Under Consideration stage for 6-18 months before receiving an update and moving to another stage.  Make sure to follow this idea to receive updates as they are available.

brueckert
Community Champion

@Renee_Carney  and  @biray , I know this is an old thread/post but I'd love to bump this back onto Instructure's, and hopefully some others' radar. We're moving more and more toward assessing on outcomes in many courses and the inability to at least sort the LMG by outcome group/term etc. is a major limitation and road block in the eyes of our faculty.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@brueckert ‌

This is already on the radar of the outcomes product team!  It is marked as 'under consideration' which means it is earmarked.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea was moved from Under Consideration stage (no longer in use) to the Product Radar stage.  

This change was made as part of a feature idea process evolution.  Find more information, and contribute insights, by joining Focus Group: DRAFT Feature Idea Space

carrie_huffman
Community Participant

I have outcomes that I have created because I use them on multiple rubrics and it is convenient to pull them in via "add outcome", which ensures consistency in phrasing.  However they are more like sub-sets, or additional details to the officially assessed outcomes that I use for the Learning Mastery Gradebook.  I would like to either hide these from the students when they view their mastery scores, or allow them to be nested and given a toggle to count/not count toward the final grade. 

josuecarames
Community Explorer

It would be wonderful that this feature will allow to use the outcomes in a hidden way. In other words, add the outcomes but only visible for faculty/admin/designers... etc.