[Rubrics] Hyperlinks and Basic Formatting in Rubrics

When building rubrics, it could be very valuable to be able to include hyperlinks or basic formatting to criterion details and rating descriptions. It would make the feedback/feedforward loop much more valuable! Of course, these wouldn't be required in order to use a rubric, but adding the flexibility could definitely change the way some teachers use them as a tool with students.

Recently, I read a blog post by Jennifer Gonzalez of Cult of Pedagogy that demonstrates how Hyper Rubrics can change the way that students interact with rubrics. Students can see them as actionable "next steps" or having the value of linking back to resources that put the level of achievement or skill into context for the learner.

My hope would be that the added hyperlinks would encourage students to reflect upon the rating they receive and have resources ready for them as they think about goal setting, revision, and growth.

Added to Theme

16 Comments
mcordes1
Community Participant

A rich-content editor for rubrics would be phenomenal! Linking within the cell would also allow us to take rubric feedback and the next steps to the next level! Great idea @KristinL

AndrewDwyer
Community Explorer

@mcordes1  agree with your comment but noticed you didn't rate/vote. Would you be able to rate? Only having 15 people rate won't get much push for implementation

mcordes1
Community Participant

@AND2 Thank you! My vote should be counted now.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Author
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Author

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team