[Inbox] Email (message) multiple classes at one time

Instructors often want, or are asked, to share news and information of importance to all our classes.  Currently, that means copying and pasting that information into anywhere from 2-5 different classes.  Given that there is a drop down box for choosing a class to message currently, adding the ability to select multiple classes seems like it would be an easy "fix".  Please add this capability ASAP.
153 Comments
Jen1206
Community Member

Please add this feature as I teach 9 classes and would love the ability to send one email to more than one course at a time. 

garverk
Community Member

Yes! Do this!

lbrinton
Community Member

It would be helpful to be able to send a single email to more than one class at a time - potentially to all my classes.  The obvious use for this would be for making general announcements pertaining to all my students. eg., change of office hours, lab hours, resources.

jhartnett
Community Member

Absolutely agree this is a very desirable option.  Many teach more than one course and obviously common announcements should not require entering a new email for each different course.  (many institutions, including mine, make each section of a course be set up as a separate course.

Joe H

Hacim1984
Community Member

This is a feature I have wanted for a long time. Thank you for submitting the idea.

abrasley
Community Member

It seems this vote already happened but people still want this functionality. Personally, I would like the inbox to function more like GMAIL, but even this would be helpful. 

acooksy
Community Member

Hi.  I would also take advantage of this feature.  Lacking this feature reduces the value of the blueprint course, since I can't easily email all my students to let them know the course has been published.  Thanks.

kmstewart
Community Participant

Please, please, please!  Would save so much time.

kmstewart
Community Participant

Lots of comments supporting this but folks are forgetting to vote it up as well.  Please vote.  🙂

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

This is one of my major disappointments with Canvas messages.  It infuriates me to no end when I need to send something out to all my students (i.e. I can't make office hours today).

It would be nice if this feature were added.  It should be understood that if you did add multiple courses that the recipients would automatically be all m3mbers of each course(at least from my usage, although I could see where some people would not necessarily want it that way)