Missing Assignment Report

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-09-19)

Teachers would like to print a report listing only Missing Assignments.  This report would be sent to academic support personnel to facilitate assignment completion.  Teachers should be able to print the "Missing Assignment Report" directly from Canvas.

46 Comments
sara_samples1
Community Participant

I am in the new gradebook, but I do not see how to remove the missing tag. Is there a tutorial for this somewhere? 

sara_samples1
Community Participant

I found a statement that says However, any label can be manually removed in the Grade Detail Tray.  

Using that information, I determined that I can, indeed, remove the label, but only by going to each student individually and doing it in the gradebook screen.  I can't do it from the speedgrader, which is how I actually grade, since you can't score to a rubric from the gradebook screen.  It would make more sense to be able to remove the missing label at the time of grading...

Steven_S
Community Champion
sbridge
Community Participant

#GarthEgbert Did you ever get something like put together?  I need this too!

blangston
Community Participant

Three years later and still a feature not added to Canvas yet. 

renee4
Community Explorer

I would love this feature--I am an advisor as well as a teacher, so I need a way for me and for my students to easily and quickly see a list of missing assignments (after a long absence from illness, for example). 

purselj
Community Novice

This is a really needed feature now that all/most of our courses have gone online.  In the past, I would just tell students in class what they were missing.  Now half of my class is missing assignments, and I don't have time to type out long lists of what they are missing.  Some students don't know how or don't look at the Gradebook because they think the teacher just hasn't corrected it rather than it hasn't been submitted.  Plus, this gives the professor/teacher better evidence to show that a student was aware that they had missing assignments and just didn't do them if they fail a class.

jacob5
Community Member

This is probably the single most lacking feature at the moment.

Due to Remote, it's near impossible to view everything missing for student's you're overseeing.

parisa
Community Novice

PLEASE add this feature! Especially during the remote learning era of education, parents, students, and teachers alike are in desperate need of a simple way to report missing assignments for ALL Canvas courses. It takes up hours of my week to individually search assignment by assignment and student by student to send emails of missing assignment.

chi-ray
Community Member

No question, a critical feature for teachers to follow up on students.  With so many schools in remote-mode, there's so much friction on the teachers that could be reduced by this feature.