MyLab and Mastering grading comments

I'm sure the grade sync feature functionality in MyLab and Mastering (for MyITLab) is all on Pearson's side, but it would be lovely if Canvas had a way to eliminate duplicate comments or a checkbox to select to prevent comments from syncing when grade sync occurs. For grade sync, assignments get created in Canvas but are inaccessible (error message: Couldn't find valid settings for this link). I have students with 12 or more identical comments on the same assignment.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@lynn_komarek ​

You are correct.  This is not something that will move forward for voting for Canvas, for it is not something we have developmental control over.

I do know that there are other MyLabs users in this community.  You may want to post a question/discussion in the Find Answers​ space to see if any of them have any tips or tricks when it comes grade/comment sync?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for your idea submission.

Honoring our commitment to not delete Community content, your idea has made the journey to Cold Storage  because it is either a duplicate, possibly off topic, or may now be obsolete.  We have moved it from the general Community to keep the Community search results precise and uncluttered.

If you are one that likes the additional chaos of more abundant search results, you can elect to join Cold Storage  in order to see ALL the idea submissions.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has been taken out of the Cold Storage and is opening for vote as part of the new Partner Integration ideas‌ space.  Find out more about this process in the New: Partner Integration Idea Process‌ blog post!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Due to lack of activity, this thread has been archived. If you find this thread and you feel this is a feature that would help you within your course, you're welcome to reinitiate a conversation using a new proposal.

How do I create a new idea conversation in the Instructure Community?