[New Quizzes] Activity Log

On the old quiz format, if you went to a student's activity log during or after the quiz, you can see when the student "exited" or clicked out of the quiz. This was a very useful feature to keep students honest. The new quiz format does not indicate this if a student clicks away from the quiz while taking it. It is possible to add that back to the new quiz format?

45 Comments
lauren_sayer
Community Contributor

Incredibly important feature especially in the times of remote learning 

dayna_schinz
Community Novice

We loved this feature in old quizzes and would love to see this feature in new quizzes to help preserve the integrity of online assessments.

daniel_bradley
Community Novice

This feature was probably the most important feature when testing and authenticating these tests online. 

ian_alexander
Community Novice

If we are invigilating online assessment it is difficult to see exactly what all the students are doing and so any support would be easier

constance_vande
Community Novice

This function would really help maintain our integrity in the classroom

dayna_schinz
Community Novice

Agreed!

dayna_schinz
Community Novice

I agree Ian, thanks for your support

dayna_schinz
Community Novice

It was great for our Biology quizzes!

karen_bristow
Community Member

I cannot use new quizzes until I can assign individual points to each questions in quiz forms like order and matching. Assigning a total point value for the entire question is all or nothing. Students need partial credit points if some answer are correct. Please let me know when this is available.

Steven_S
Community Champion

@karen_bristow fill-in-the-blank questions automatically assign partial credit, accept multiple blanks, and the blanks can be set as drop downs or banked answers.  You might be able to use that question type to write a matching or ordering style question, and have the partial credit awarded automatically.

The quiz log is an essential tool even when proctoring tools are also in use.  Exiting the quiz and returning later is a weakness in automatic proctoring.  If students are not allowed to exit and restart a quiz, they cannot address technical difficulties without assistance, but if we cannot detect when students have exited and restarted a quiz, this becomes a path to cheating.