cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quizzes: Activity Log

New Quizzes: Activity Log

(69)

On the old quiz format, if you went to a student's activity log during or after the quiz, you can see when the student "exited" or clicked out of the quiz. This was a very useful feature to keep students honest. The new quiz format does not indicate this if a student clicks away from the quiz while taking it. It is possible to add that back to the new quiz format?

44 Comments
yvonne_chan

Absolutely. It has to be included in New quizzes. 

schueth

This is essential to ensure as much test security as possible for all the students who are taking tests at home now!

frances_monroe

Today I ran into a problem with a quiz.  I have a student who kept a quiz open for 45 minutes, but never answered a single question.  I have it set so only one question comes up at a time, but right now I have no way of knowing whether or not she got a preview of the questions.  I am selecting questions at random from a test bank, and I can see that the second attempt which I opened up for her had different questions, but it would help me a lot to see if they went from question to question OR if they only saw the first question.  Since she claimed to have answered all the questions, I'm thinking that she just went through all the questions and let the time run out.

templeton_lauri
Community Member

I will not use new quizzes until this has been remedied. I need to have the ability to see the quiz log. It does not prevent cheating, but does give me data that allows me to promote honesty. I honestly do not know why we don't already have this. 

laurenhenderso1

I love how the "classic quiz" shows when a student leaves and returns to a quiz...the "new quiz" doesn't have this same feature...please allow this to work with the "new quiz"

wilsod11

The feature in classic quizzes that allows teachers to see in the log when students leave and re-enter the quiz is invaluable. Please add this to New Quizzes

kirsten_ryall
Community Participant

Looking forward to seeing this activity added to New Quiz reporting so that New Quizzes are closer to achieving feature parity with Classic. Our institution is yet to enable New Quiz, despite many requests from our teaching staff. This is one of the many risks we are aware of. Until New Quizzes has less risks we are recommending against enabling it.

willi5cl
Community Member

The Quiz Log shows detail about when the student started a quiz, but not when they ended. It would be very useful to have as part of the quiz log the time (either the actual time or the time-in-quiz) when the student submitted the quiz, and an indication of whether *they* submitted it or it was auto-submitted because their time ran out.

SeulAh

I think it would be better if the students will be able to view their log in quizzes so that they will be able to know if there are instances that say they have exited or stopped viewing the canvas while taking an exam where in fact they just scrolled down their notification or something like that. and also, it is good for transparency.

LuciaSalgueiro
Community Participant

Thanks for sharing!! Increadibly necessary for our institution too. 

jeningram
Community Member

Definitely an important feature that we need added to New Quizzes in order to maintain the integrity of assignment data.  Please put this feature back!

bhaus
Community Member

I'd like to see this feature. Is there any update on this?

ctarbet
Community Participant

We would all like this feature as well. 👍

badams1

This is a very important issue that needs addressed in the new quizzes. 

TristanGeddes

Yes please add that feature back on.  It is invaluable.

sturnbow

Please bring it back!

ChrisFerekides

NEED this feature back !

vventor

This feature is now available with New Quizzes, but it is flawed as it is no longer in the Speedgrader.  The Quiz Log is now buried in the Moderate area. Additionally, when you click on a student, you are taken to a screen that shows the log but no mention of who the student is. Try clicking on more than one student and remember who you clicked on last. 

Please put the Quiz Log back into the Speedgrader. This way it is easier to find and use when you need it most, and you are able to at a glance be reminded of which student's log you are viewing. 

NHendleyGCS

I am trying to make the adjustment to New Quizzes but there are a lot of features I miss.

It might be my students and I may get one to help me test it, but IS the log in New Quizzes showing students leaving the site? I need that feature to be in place before I can use New Quizzes to assign a test. Am I wasting my time building Item Banks?

ROBMAUGHAN32

I agree that I really liked this feature on the old quizzes. It is extremely useful and dare I say "necessary"?