[New Quizzes] Pressing Enter when finished

Currently when a student is finishes answering a question they must select next question or submit answer button to move onto the next question or end the assignment.   Many of my students would like to enter a answer and be able to press enter key to move to the next question.quizzes.next_new‌

Added to Theme

17 Comments
Steve_25
Community Participant

If you're feeling brave, this is something you can achieve with your site's custom JavaScript file! Adding the following code will bind enter to the next button in quizzes in single question view.

I gave it a shot on our test instance. It does give quiz entry a speedy kinda feel!

/* bind enter key to quiz next button */
if (window.location.href.indexOf('quizzes') > -1 && window.location.href.indexOf('take') > -1) {
  $(window).on('keyup', function (e) {
    if (e.which === 13) {
      $('.next-question').focus().click();
    }
  });
}
katherine1_king
Community Novice

I think it would be great to be able to hit the enter button to move onto the next question. This is great for my ESL students that can't read the button that says next question. My ESL students are used to hitting enter when they are done with something. This feature will greatly help them. My students would not have to ask so many questions for when they are ready to move on.

sonicthehedhog6
Community Novice

it would be good.

stevencopeland
Community Novice

Sounds like an awesome idea!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team