[New Quizzes] Tracking "Stopping and Starting" on a quiz

0 Likes
(3)

I would like a quick and easy way to see how many times a student clicks off Canvas and then back. I know I can click on each student individually and see how many times they "stopped and started" a quiz, BUT, is there a way you could red flag a student that does this? Could you show stops and starts next to their grade for that quiz (ie: 70/90 (8) the 8 being the number of times the student left the Canvas test and then started again.) With THIS information, I could then look at that student's quiz in more detail. Stopping (to look up the answer on the internet) and then re-starting is becoming a big problem.

Thank you,

Stuart Blair

6 Comments
sblair
Community Novice

Dear Stuart Blair

This is a great idea! You could even toggle on or off this feature when creating a quiz.  You are some kind of genius!  You should work for Canvas!

Thank you,

Stuart Blair

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

akmcb
Community Member

Yes, PLEASE.  The way it is now, it's too time-consuming to go through the process of looking up individual students.  A quick glance next to the student's score would be extremely helpful!

jbollinger
Community Member

This is a great idea!  It is great that we can view the log to see if they clicked out but it is very time consuming to click on each student. A feature we could turn on that would automatically give us a report would be very helpful. Cheating is a huge problem, finding away to stop it would help teachers out all over. 

TravisStastny
Community Novice

Love this idea.   A report would be a very helpful tool.  

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.