New Quizzes & SpeedGrader

0 Likes

New Quizzes has alot of potential, especially with the new moderation and question types that we can use!  And we love what it is capable of doing!! However, there are some basic functionalities that teachers at our school feel have been left out.  If we could focus on these basic features before adding new and shiny features, that would be wonderful!

SpeedGrader - While we understand at this point that New Quizzes is considered an "external tool" (Although why makes no sense... it is a native program to Canvas), it has thus disabled the ability for SpeedGrader to recognize that free response questions (Essay Questions) need grading.  

Partial Credit  - Classic Quizzes has this feature, so lets refer to that documentation and program on getting this feature back!!

Thank you for all you do!  We want to use your new features, but unfortunately without the Speedgrader feature, many of us are simply guessing or having to spend extra time checking quizzes to make sure that we have graded all the submissions received!  Especially when assignments have open due dates for flexibility.  

3 Comments
andrew_holmes
Community Member
Author
KRISTAGIBBONS
Community Member

I totally agree. I rely on canvas informing me I have a new quiz to grade and since written are not seen as needing grading then I often do not see it right off. 

Also the data from New Quizzes is not where the old quizzes is at the moment. I can't wait till we can combine the pros from the old to the new. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@andrew_holmes 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. These suggestions are already the topic of conversations in this forum:

New Quizzes Grading Indication

Partial Credit for "Matching", "Categorization", a...

Partial Credit for Multiple Answers WITHOUT Penalt...

Quizzes.Next: Allow partial credit for fill-in-the...

New Quizzes: Add ability to award partial credit f...

...and there may be more! Searching on "New Quizzes" in this forum will bring up existing discussions for you to join. We'll archive your idea and lock it so that the existing threads don't branch off.

The product manager for New Quizzes has been actively engaging with Canvas Community members to gain perspective on priorities for the new quiz tool. The blog posts are where your voice can be heard directly and immediately, so please read through the ongoing conversations. Here are the links to some recent blog posts where you can join in:

Coming Soon to New Quizzes: Item Banks Management 

Timing Feedback Needed: NQ Instructor Workflow Cha... (implemented in April 2021)

Quizzes Planned Priorities and Roadmap 2021 

New Quizzes looking forward; 2021