REQUEST: Add ability to CC/include another teacher/counselor/admin on a Canvas Message to a student

0 Likes
(1)

Currently, when selecting recipients for a Canvas Message, the option to including multiple recipients is limited to only students, teachers, and observers within one course.

As an Advisory teacher, I often have situations where I need the ability to include a staff member who is not in my Advisory class (such as a counselor, administrator, or subject-area teacher) on a message to a student or observer from my Advisory class. For example:

• reply to a student's Canvas message and include the student's school counselor
  • reply to a parent/observer's Canvas message and include the principal
  • send a message to one of my Advisory students and include their math teacher

This feature would greatly improve the ability and efficiency of our staff to collaborate with one another in meeting student needs, and significantly elevate the quality of assistance we could provide our students.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@KS10 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Have you explored with your local Canvas admin the possibility of creating an account-level Advisor role, based on the admin role, that would include this permission?

KS10
Community Member

@Stef_retired Thanks for your reply! I did not know that was a possibility - I will mention it to our admin team.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@KS10 

You're welcome! We'll archive this idea, then, and thanks for your prompt response.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived