Use of Hidden Grades is Tedious and Should Be Simplified

0 Likes

Similar posts exist but do not exactly address my suggestion.  I should be able to click ONCE on Hide Grades in an assignment and then grade all the submissions for that assignment without having to select Hide grades after every single grade I record in Speedgrader. I saw a suggestion that says to do this for automated assignments, but it happens in manually graded assignments, and because I'm manually grading, it adds a lot of time to the grading process. Please fix this soon. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @lxe9 -

The Hide/Post Grades system can feel complicated, yes!

I believe with some adjustments to your course and assignment settings, you should be able to keep all of your grades hidden, add scores, and then post them to your students.

The Documentation Team created a flow-chart that helps instructors visualize the process:
How do I use posting policies in a course? 

From the Gradebook, try setting a policy for the assignment before opening Speedgrader:

How do I select a grade posting policy for a course in the Gradebook? 

Then, this lesson will help you reduce the number of clicks in Speedgrader:
How do I hide or post assignment grades in SpeedGrader? 

After reviewing these resources, let the Community know if you are unable to achieve what you need to. We can continue collaborating or clarify your idea and open it for conversation.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I'm checking in.

If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 10, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived