Zoom Cloud Recording Automatic Publishing

0 Likes
(2)

Hi there,

I am a college instructor and would like to suggest that you add a feature where professors can have Zoom recordings of their class published automatically on their Canvas site.  Currently we have to individually publish each cloud recording - it would be most helpful and time saving if this could be automated. I would suggest this be a feature teachers can opt into, not default.  

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Jeff_F
Community Champion

Hello - @AinsleyAnderson  - this isn't a Canvas related setting or feature.

I suggest reaching out to your IT folks and ask if they use the Zoom LTI Pro integration with Canvas.  If yes, within the settings is an option to automatically publish recordings.

---

Reference:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4418616128397-Configuring-LTI-Pro#cloud-recording-link-for... 

If the Cloud Recording Link is enabled, LTI users that are students will see links to the cloud recordings of their previous meetings and in the cloud recording tab. If All is selected, then the link to the recording will be available when the meeting is complete. If Published is selected, then the link to the recording will only be available when an instructor or staff publishes the recording.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.