classic quiz features to retain

0 Likes

There are a couple of features of the Classics quizzes that I really like and hope to see integrated into the New quizzes.

1. the ability let the total number of points be drawn from the questions you end up with rather than from a number selected at the beginning of the quiz-making process
  2. the ability to switch between question types after you've already started typing the question. I often realize that a different question type would better suit the question I want to ask
  3. the ability to use a Studio video in the feedback that will allow students to comment
  4. the ability to format the text in fill-in-the-blank questions. This probably the question type I use most often, and usually with multiple blanks. I like this question type in Classic quizzes to make information tables to be filled in
  5. the ability to get back to course home page from the "build" page. (This is a badly named button in new quizzes. I can think of several colleagues this will confuse once they're forced to switch over.)
  6. the ability to change their names completely from the modules page (currently new quiz names have to be changed in two places)

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with the Instructure Community! I did some searching through all open Ideas, and I found that most of your requests have (close) matches. Please consider commenting on each of them and rate them. Your involvement is valuable to Instructure's Feature Development process!

With the remaining Ideas, please consider sharing each as their own thread. That way, Community Members can focus the direction of the conversation. It also helps Project Managers better understand each need.

1. Warning If New Quizzes Points Possible Differs From Question Point Totals 
  3. Enable Studio Videos for New Quiz feedback 
  4. New Quizzes - RCE to match Canvas 
  5. New Quizzes "Return" button on left