How do I configure and install the Impact Course Reports LTI 1.1 in Blackboard Learn Original?
You can configure and install the Impact Course Reports LTI 1.1 in Blackboard.
- You need to know your provider domain.
- In the Admin Panel, in the Customize User Information section, ensure the Username checkbox is selected. The LTI cannot function without this setting enabled.
- To install the Impact Course Reports LTI in Blackboard, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Impact Support button on your Impact dashboard to request a Tool Provider Key and Secret.
Configure Course Reports LTI 1.1 in Blackboard Learn Original
In Blackboard, click the System Admin link.
Open Customize User Information
In the Users section , click the Customize User Information link .
Select Display Username Checkbox
Ensure the Username checkbox is selected.
Open LTI Tool Providers
In the Integrations section , click the LTI Tool Providers link .
Open Register LTI 1.1 Provider
Click the Register LTI 1.1 Provider link.
Register Provider Domain
In the Provider Domain field , enter your Provider Domain URL, if not already added (e.g. [yourinstitution].eesysoft.com). Blackboard Ultra customers have the provider already added and will not need to add the Provider Domain
In the Default Configuration section , ensure the Set separately for each link radio button is selected.
In the Send User Data section , ensure the Send user data only SSL radio button is selected.
In the User Fields to Send section , ensure the Role in Course, Name, and Email Address checkboxes are selected.
To save your changes, click the Submit button .
Save LTI Provider
Click the Submit button.
Locate the LTI Provider  and click the Manage Placements link .
Click the Create Placement link.
Enter Placement Information
For the placement you'll need the following information:
- Label  and Handle : Add a name (e.g. impact-course-reports)
- Availability : Yes
- Type : Course tool
- Tool Provider URL : your specific provider's url (e.g. https://[yourinstitution].eesysoft.com/rest/lti/course-report/launch)
- Tool Provider Key and Secret : Submit an Impact support ticket to request these credentials
Install Course Reports LTI in Blackboard
Open REST API Integrations
In the Admin Panel, in the Integrations section, click the REST API Integrations link.
Click the Create Integration link.
Enter Integration Information
Enter the following information:
- Application ID : 78ab1b55-6547-4e2f-a88d-06e2541c512b
- Learn User : This should be a user with a minimum set of privileges or the same user for Ultra if it is already configured.
- End User Access : Yes
- Authorized To Act As User : Yes
Click the Submit button .
Note: If you get an error when launching the LTI tool, as an admin, navigate to Course Settings, click Course Tools. and turn tool LTI ON.