Moodle assignments aren't importing

sellsworth
Community Member

I've been downloading and re-creating online classes in Canvas from our old Moodle site, and for some reason, the assignments--anything that requires an upload--don't appear in the new Canvas classes. I can't figure it out. There's an "Imported Assignments" category in the gradebook, but nothing there.

7 Comments
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sellsworth ​...

I'll start off by stating that I have next to no knowledge of how Moodle works (I tried it out several years ago...but it wasn't for a school setting).  Have you had a chance to look at the Canvas Guides on importing content from Moodle?  Here is a Guide that I found for you:

How do I import content from Moodle into Canvas?

Hope this helps!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sellsworth ​, I might be way off, but have you clicked on the "Assignments" navigational link (on the left) in your course? Sometimes when Assignments are brought into Canvas they aren't published - How do I use Draft State in Assignments?. Assignments that aren't published do not show up under Grades (link on left)/Gradebook.

Hope this helps!

James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

@sellsworth ,

Have you tried Chris and/or Kona's suggestions?  Do either work for you?

James

sellsworth
Community Member

Tried both, many times. I've used Canvas for our institution for over three months now, and this is the first real wide-spread set of imports from Moodle.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sellsworth ​...

Would you mind if I moved this topic over to the LMS Migration group?  You'll probably have to join the group to see the contents, but I'm thinking this might be a better place for it.  There aren't many people in the group yet, but hopefully that will change over time.  What are your thoughts?

sellsworth
Community Member

Yes, good idea

Spencer Ellsworth

E-Learning Coordinator, Northwest Indian College

(360) 392-4299

sellsworth@nwic.edu

kenneth_rogers
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi there,  @sellsworth !

I wanted to follow up on your question and see how things were going. Were you able to come to a solution? Or are you still seeking assistance? Because this question is from over two years ago, I'm going to go ahead and mark it as "Assumed Answered." Don't worry, this won't prevent people from continuing the dialogue in the event the discussion needs to continue Smiley Happy