How do I activate my Mastery Connect account as a staff member?

When you sign up for a Mastery Connect Account, you receive an email from which you can activate your account. You may also receive an activation email from your school or district administrator. To set up your account, enter or verify account details, optionally add a profile picture, and include your teaching experience details. You must also set up a password and select core standards to work with. During set up, you can also invite others to use Mastery Connect.

Note: After activating your account, you can edit your account profile settings at any time.

Activate Account by Email

Activate Account by Email

When your account is set up, you receive an email invitation titled, "Welcome to Mastery Connect!".

To open the Account Setup page in Mastery Connect, click the email's Activate your account button.

Notes:

• If you do not receive an activation email, check your spam or junk folder for the email message.
  • If you cannot find an activation email message, visit https://app.MasteryConnect.com. Then, click the Forgot Password? link. If you still do not receive an invitation email, contact your school administrator who can resend an activation email.  

Enter Account Details

Enter Account Details

In the Account Setup page, verify, enter, or edit your profile information.

Optionally, click the Title drop-down menu [1] and select a title.

Verify or edit your first name in the First Name field [2].

Verify or edit your last name in the Last Name field [3].

Verify or edit your school email address in the School Email field [4].

Optionally, enter an additional email address in the Alternative Email field [5] and a phone number in the Phone Number field [6].

Note: Your email addresses and phone number will not be visible as part of your public profile in the Mastery Connect Community.

Add Profile Picture

To add a profile image, click the Upload a Photo from your Computer button.

Note: You can also add or change your profile picture after you set up your account.

Add Teaching Experience

Add Teaching Experience

To add positions you hold or have held, select one or more Roles checkboxes [1].

To add grades you work with, select one or more Grades checkboxes [2].

To add subjects you have taught, select one or more Subjects checkboxes [3].

To include the number of years you have been teaching or administrating, click the Years Taught drop-down menu [4], and select a number up to 40.

To include a short biography about yourself, enter it in the Short Bio field [5].

Note: Your public profile in the Mastery Connect Community includes your title, name, roles, grades, school, district, state, subjects, years taught, and your short biography.

Set Password

To set up a password, enter it in the Password field [1]. Then, enter it again in the Confirm Password field [2].

Click the I certify that I am a teacher/educator at [your school] and I agree to the Mastery Connect terms of service checkbox [3].

To save your password and continue setting up your account, click the Save and Continue button [4].

Select Default Core Standards

Select Core Standards

On the Select your Default Core Standards page, click each subject drop-down menu [1]. Then, select the default core standards that you will use for common assessment sharing and mastery tracking. To use your school's setting, select the Use my school's setting option. To use other state or common core standards, select another option.

If you do not see a core you want to select, click the Let our support team know! link [2]. Then, submit a support request.

To save the cores and continue, click the Save and Continue button [3].

Invite Other Educators

Invite Other Educators

On the Connect & Collaborate With Other Educators page, you can invite other educators to use Mastery Connect. To invite others, enter their email addresses in the Invite by Email Address field [1]. Separate email addresses with commas. Then, click the Send Invite button [2].

To continue your account set up without inviting other educators, click the Skip this step link [3].

Follow Educators Already Using Mastery Connect

Follow Educators Already Using Mastery Connect

Users you invited who already use Mastery Connect are listed [1]. To connect with them, click the Start Following button [2].

View Home Page

View Home Page

When set up is complete, the Home page displays the Dashboard tab. Learn more about using the Mastery Connect Home page.