Recent New Quiz Updates (Categorization and Fill-in-the-Blank)

aearhart
Community Explorer

Could someone please point me at where recent updates to Canvas New Quizzes are posted?

Two things/issues instructors at our college stumbled over this last week.

1. Categorization question type was updated after F 9/23. We have some questions with blank categories that previously worked. Then they stopped working this week and although I put in a help ticket through a chat, after a couple of days of "we're working on it", we figured out that having a category with no assigned answers was the problem.

Students saw an autograde failure after submitting the quiz and when we tried to do a regrade, it returned a server error.

I tried to fix them by swapping our answers with the categories, but we couldn't do that because that type of question doesn't allow duplicate answers. I've seen other people request that this question type allow duplicate answers.

So I changed the questions to "fill-in-the-blank" with multiple dropdown menus. Which leads into the next one...

2. Format of the fill-in-the-blank questions changed. You now use the backtick, `,  to surround where the dropdown occurs and I had some trouble but that was on me. A single quote, ', isn't a backtick, ` !

0 Likes