cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chavez_20
Community Member

Can't delete general comments in multiple choice questions?

I am familiar with the process of editing and updating existing multiple choice questions in Canvas Quizzes. However, I am having difficulty getting rid of "correct answer comments," "wrong answer comments," and "general answer comments." I have tried opening the comment boxes underneath my answer sets, highlighting the text, deleting the text, clicking "done" and updating the question. However, when I return to my questions page, the general answer commentary still appears. When I try editing the question, it returns to normal as if I had not done anything. Is there a way to delete general comments, or will I have to recreate my questions?

3 Replies
SteveCovello
Community Member

Try switching the comment to HTML view, then delete all the HTML. Then update the question and save the quiz. Sometimes the deleting WYSIWYG content leaves empty HTML tags which Canvas interprets as content even if it is empty.

ag4232
Community Member

How do you switch to HTML view of quiz comments? I'm having the exact same problem and don't see any option to switch to HTML here. 

ag4232
Community Member

OK, I found the icon to switch, but this does not resolve the problem. I delete everything in HTML view, and the old text disappears. I type my new text, or even just a single letter or period, and then when I click "Update question," the old text reappears. Very frustrating. Any help appreciated!